Sunday, February 21, 2010

The waiting game is over....Finally!

I wanna say about time Johnny what the hell was the hold up? You know youre not gonna get anymore then a 2 year deal with anyone, and you waited so long to sign that it went from a 2 year contract to a 1 year deal. I am happy we only committed to him for 1 season just in case for some awful reason we are out of contention mid season or trade deadline and we could trade him and pick up some young talent in return, I dont like we gave him 8 million for 1 year, but if he is the missing piece that we need to get back to the promise land then I wont complain, but only time will tell. Even though that gives us a much NEEDED leader in the clubhouse I cant help but wonder that just makes us even older now, when is it time to let the kids play Raburn,Clete, Casper?

2 comments:

  1. I am more than a little concernicus about this myself! Everyone knows how I feel! I didn't want Johnny. I am not pissed that we have him but, there are other places I would have spent the cash. Johnny will be adequate in LF, will that change Carlos's attitude. Will that take a toll on Guillen's numbers this year? In this supposed "comeback" season at that! I think Johnny will hit .270, 12 HR, 60 RBI. That's all. But, with a 1 year deal, I am not upset. We get a LH bat that we need, veteren clubhouse presence and someone to man LF. I really want to see Raburn get 350 AB's and 300 for Clete. We have to know what these guys have before Maggs and Damon are out of the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am concerned that if a ball gets caught in the corner down in left and Johnny has to dig it outta there we are gonna 3 cut off men to get the ball home. But on the other hand I wanna say I think Guillen's numbers are better this year just for the fact that he can DH now and rest those old knees and shoulders now, and fill in @ SS or even 1st if we need to rest Miggy a day, I think him batting behind Cabrera this year it makes Cabreara even better because Guillen is good at taking pitches and hes good at hitting the ball into gaps.

    ReplyDelete