Friday, February 19, 2010

My Predictions for 2010

Pitchers anc Catchers have only been in camp for less then a week and I'am already gonna go ahead and make my bold predictions for this season. Some of these might come across as very homer (but isnt that what we are here for?) Here are my picks for Division standings and winners in both the AL and NL and I will also go as far as choosing my MVP, CY young, and ROY.


AMERICAN LEAGUE

EAST

1.) Red Sox- With the addition of Lackey and a healthy Dice K they take the division
2.) Yankees- Very close but just to many pre-madonnas wont mesh well
3.) Rays- If they hang on to Upton and Crawford I see them making a serious push
4.) Blue Jays- Very young staff and a decent lineup but still a few years away
5.) Orioles- Way too young to comepete for a few years

CENTRAL

1.) Tigers- With a sober Cabrera and a good young staff they take Twins without a playoff
2.) Twins- With the addition of Thome and the O-dog thats huge but its all about pitching
3.) White Sox- Good good team very well managed but way too many Leftfielders on roster
4.) Royals- I see the Royals competing in the next 2-4 yrs as longs as Greinke stays healthy
5.) Indians- This team is just a mess they have Sizemore and thats it. Austin Kearns anyone?

WEST

1.) Rangers- With the 3 big guns healthy and a revamped staff iam seeing good things here
2.) Angels- All i gotta say is NO Figgins, Lackey, and Vlad its gonna be hard
3.) Mariners- good offseason moves I like what they did but wont overtake Halos or Rangers
4.) A's- I wanna say with Sheets signing here to anchor a young staff 2-4 years away still


NATIONAL LEAGUE

EAST

1.) Phillies- With the addition of Doc thats huge and they dont lose anyone another NLDS
2.) Braves- Its Bobby Cox's final season i'd like to see him go out on top
3.) Marlins- This was a hard choice but I have faith in the Young gunnin Fish
4.) Mets- Again spent too much money on mediocre over the hill players and still need P help
5.) Nationals- Strasburg will be up midseason and will have Wang midseason as well I like it

CENTRAL

1.) Cardinals- With Holiday coming back Its hard to pitch around Albert, but what bout Pitching?
2.) Brewers- LOVE LOVE the Fielder and Braun combo but just no pitching
3.) Cubbies- They have the nucleus to win and the hitters to contend but no pitching!
4.) Reds- This is actually my sleeper team right here, like the gold glove INF defense wins games
5.) Astros- The killer B's are gone and Berkman and Oswalt havn't been the same
6.) Pirates- The have pieces to win but not enough to contend bright spot Pedro Alvarez

WEST

1.) Dodgers- With the emergance of Ethier and Kemp this team is hard to beat
2.) Giants- Gotta have more help for Sandoval score more runs ,best 1-2 pitchers in west
3.) Rockies- Love Tulowitzki and Hawpe and if Ian Stewart can come into his own watch out
4.) D-Backs- Withe Webb, Jackson, and Haren its tough to put them this low just dont see the O
5.) Padres- Iam at loss for words with this team they are THE worst team in Baseball


NATIONAL LEAGUE PLAYOFF PICTURE

Phillies vs Brewers- Phillies win in 3 games
Dodgers vs Cardinals- Dodgers win in 3

Dodgers vs Phillies- Dodgers win in 7

AMERICAN LEAGUE PLAYOFF PICTURE

Red Sox vs Twins- Red Sox win in 5 games
Tigers vs Rangers- Tigers win in 3 games

Red Sox vs Tigers- Tigers win in 7 games


WORLD SERIES

Tigers vs Dodgers- Tigers win in 5



AL MVP

Joe Mauer

AL CY YOUNG

Justin Verlander

AL ROY

Austin Jackson


NL MVP

Prince Fielder

NL CY YOUNG

Matt Cain

NL ROY

Jason Heyward


I know its very far fetched that we make it to the World Series this year but you gotta keep remembering what we did in 2006 no one ever in a million years thought we would make it and we did so I hope the pitching stays strong for us and Austin Jackson proves to be the true big time stud he has been labeled and we finally bring home another title...This one is for you Ernie..



4 comments:

  1. Let me just say .... WOW!
    Austin for ROY?
    Not sayin that is can't happen, I am just not sold on this guy bein ready yet. If he was so ready that he could be the ROY, would the Yanks have dealt him? I do understand that the Yankees have no idea about good rookies, as they deal them all before they get the opportunity to play in New York to make room for the big dollar contracts but, I just think if the guy was really ready, he wouldn't be here!

    Yes, I am here cuz I bleed Detroit, I just don't see the Tigers bypassing Chicago or Minnesota. I do think that we could be in the hunt if things fall into place though!

    Verlander for Cy? Now, that is a good possibility!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will throw all my ROY chips into the Austin Jackson ring just for the fact is he's a beast he has the raw tools and talent to be a everyday MLB CF'er, the reason the yankees dealt him is b/c they wanna win NOW they arent patient they dont like waiting, I hated to see Grandy go but I really am sold on this kid and I havent even seen him play yet. Hes a younger faster cheaper version of Grandy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and another thing who else would you gamble on for ROY in the AL??

    Michael Taylor- A's
    Brian Matusz- Orioles
    Kyle Drabek- Blue Jays
    Brett Wallce- Blue Jays

    Its kinda thin pickings I guess you could even throw matt Weiters in there too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, Matusz and Drabek could be studs too though!

    ReplyDelete