Friday, February 19, 2010

Off Season moves

In a whole I think we had a very productive offseason I think we cut payroll and we locked up our ACE for the next 5 years and with the emergance of Porcello and the additions of Scherzer and Schlereth I think we have one of the top staffs in the AL. But the thing I dont understand is why didnt we look for a shortstop during this offseason?? We coulda went with Orlando Cabrera all the guy does is win, Or we coulda went after Orlando Hudson and tossed him at short. And I think we need a DH as well, and I really dont think Damon is the answer at DH. I think personally we shold have inquired about Jermaine Dye that way we can platoon him in RF and LF and even a little bit at 1B oe even go back and sign Frank "the cat" Catalonatto bring him back or go grab Thome(minus the huge contract) or even go get Mike Jacobs (beisdes him striking out more then he gets on base) Iam very excited to see what this team and season brings to the table lets just hope we can keep contending and stay close enough to win the division because we know it'll be tough to get the Wild Card away from the Yankees or Red Sox or Twins.

2 comments:

  1. I am not mad at the offseason either! I would have liked things to go a lil different though. OK, Grandy is gone, don't like it but, I see what they are TRYING to do! I am confused at the SS & LF additions (Everett just being a re-sign ... I KNOW). If you were gonna spend 8 mil on a LF, why Damon? How about, if you were gonna spend $8 mil why a LF? LF is hardly the BIGGEST need. I think a bat in general is the biggest need. How about Felipe Lopez? Can play 2B, SS, 3B and yes ... even the OF. Catalanotto! I like that thought 1 year $2 mil!!! Or even gamble with one of the Dominican guys that are OF/1B types! I don't know, I just think they don't have the offense to win this year. We have the pitching, I firmly beleive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you know what they always say Pitching and Defense wins ya championships, I hate that we re-signed Everrett but hes a defense wiz (but so is Santiago and he has a better stick) We have the top young pitching staff in the AL i wanna say, I think deep down we shoulda went after Holiday or even brought back Catalanatto or even maybe went after Delgado maybe to fill in at 1st every once and awhile or i'll even agree with you on the Felipe Lopez idea, but I am more pissed b/c i wanted to see Orlando Cabrera wearing the old english D this year..

    ReplyDelete