Monday, December 7, 2009

Tigers sign Adam Everett

Tigers took care of 1 need today by signing Adam Everett to a 1-year deal. At this time the financials are not available, I will post as soon as I hear them. I am guessing 2.25-2.75 mil-ish! I am not terribly excited nor terribly upset by this move. We need a SS, Everett has a great glove. I would like to think that Brent Dlugach could one day be a solid SS (he did hit .294 with 36 doubles last year in the GCL) but, A) we aren't sure how he will progress and B) there is no way you go with a rookie SS and rookie 2B in 2010.

Everett was just tough to watch at the plate last year, we all know this! He was the opposite of clutch but, his glove is very good! That is totally why they signed him. I just hope that we get some batting average from 2B & 3B so we aren't all D!

1 comment:

  1. looks like Everett will earn $1.55 million next year ... OK, I like this deal a lot more than I did already!

    ReplyDelete