Thursday, December 3, 2009

Injury updates

OK ... everyone hold your breath! Joel Zumaya is throwin again! At this point they are just workin him like he was never injured, strength and conditioning and not rehabbing. OK, JZ is my favorite Tiger but, I have realistic expectations. The wind blows and he falls apart, I KNOW!!!!! But, with our bullpen, we can only HOPE that he is somewhat back to form. I would gladly accept his career average at this point in the setup or closer role. Start bitchin ..... go ahead! I know "CLOSER?" but, name someone better and don't say Ryan Perry! Perry may be the future but currently is lacking the cajones! For the record, Zumaya career numbers (3.15 ERA, 9.2 K/9, 5.4 BB/9, 0.9 HR/9 and 7.2 H/9) are still good even thought the rough outings the last 2 years.

Scott Sizemore could be off crutches as soon as tomorrow! Any progress will be helpful! I don't like having to put too much thought into a rookie but, he IS our 2B next year. Anyone havee Omar Infante's phone number for a lil backup cuz you know "Omar can hit a fastball" ... oh, wait we already talked about that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment