Monday, December 7, 2009

Edwin trade in the works?

Multiple sources say that the Tigers are close to dealing Edwin Jackson! I am not too keen on this. I get it, they are trying to sell high on a converted SS turned SP that had a career year. In the end it would be just like dealing Matt Joyce for whatever we ger for Edwin. I just don't know what the plan is. If you trade him and get a major league ready SP AND a prospect then I guess that is OK. But, in all reality who is going to deal a prospect and a SP with more team control (Edwin has 2 years left) for a guy with such a drop off in the second half last year? Yeah, he was All-Star caliber in the first half but, the second was Nate Robertson-ish.

Oh, yeah. If we don't get a SP in return .... WHO IS STARTING? Justin, Porcello, Bondo (healthy?) .... then who? Please dont say Dontrelle, Nate or Miner. Even though, I do believe you'll see Nate anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment